Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

New Stitches ....

I've spent the last year or so endeavouring to expand my repertoire of stitches .... here are a few ... practised/ devised on card as I am too frugal to waste a book block .... 


Bowles Braid ... I am certain that plaiting long stitches, whilst sewing the book block, has been done before ... I've looked and looked ... but can't find any examples... so for today ... can we call it Bowles Braid?



Bowles Braid (?) .... 




A couple of Hardanger stitches applied to the spine .... 



Stitches in situ, and off to a new stockist in Thirsk ....







13 comments:

  1. These spines are SO gorgeous. They are really effective with the very simple covers. Nice group portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, tactile stitches and they have translated brilliantly to the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Decorative and functional .. ticks all the right boxes for me. K x

      Delete
  3. I've been looking for that very technique: Bowles Braid ;) When I experiment with stitches, I make a little accordion, but I like the idea of a rigid card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Card templates are great (old cereal packets the best!) .. if they warp or tear you know the stitch/ tension won't work ... K x

      Delete
    2. Good thinking. I love collecting good ideas. You could say I'm a connoisseur.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous stitchery - especially like the applied Hardanger.

    ReplyDelete